I cleaned up the beams, stained them and Jim helped me with the priming and painting this week. We cleaned up today and took some pictures.
So here’s what you see when you enter the room.
The laminate floor will be really easy to maintain.
The new window and lower part of the beams. If you compare to how they looked in the previous post you’ll see the result of the cleaning I did. Though, getting the plaster off was easy. The hard part was that they were very dirty too.
Another view of the beams, stained. The builder put that new bit on the floor to hide the part of the iron rod that came above the floor level.
Last shot, looking up.
And in case attic renovation isn’t your thing:
We went to a flea market in the next town on Monday (Pentecost) and picked up these items for 10 Euros.
On Wednesday, I decided to try to figure out how to recreate a Tarte Tatin we had had in St. Ceneri. It came out pretty well.
This morning it was nice enough to eat breakfast outside. We had put together this table we found in the garage. This part of the garden is in the sun in the morning and in the shade in the afternoon, so we keep the other table on the patio, which is in the shade most of the time except late afternoon.
And the big rose bush has started blooming this week.