Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 1–- suite

Here are a couple photos taken at the end of the day yesterday.

attic day 1 010

They are tucking insulation behind the metal bars they put up.

attic day 1 015

Here’s the view out the skylight. I think I climbed up on the lower rung of the ladder to take this. You can see what a nice day it was yesterday. We had some rain this morning, but the sun is out now.

attic day 1 017

I spent some time in the garden yesterday. It was quite cool in the shade, but quite warm in the sun.  I got overheated after a short time working in the sun.  Here are a few shots from the garden.

attic day 1 009

A few of the pots that Alice planted on the corner near the house.

attic day 1 005

I think there’s something charming about the profusion of forget-me-nots in front of the old outhouse door.  The picture would have come out better on an overcast day, but we seem to have sunshine or rain.

bird at feeder008

I snapped this photo of a bird at the feeder that Alice put up. I think this is a Rouge Gorge familier, or a European Robin.

And finally the drapes that I ordered from Country Curtains and brought over. They are just a bit long, so we still have to figure out what to do about that.

attic day 1 003

The workmen carried two more skylights upstairs this morning.  I don’t know what they are going to do with 2 more.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Wow, I love the new curtains! They go so well with the room and your beautifully rosemailed fireplace pannel. Can't wait to see more progress on the attic, I love attic rooms. Is it going to be turned into another bedroom?

Cécile said...

Yes, it will be a guest bedroom. We may make this one the primary guestroom and the other one a study unless it is needed as a second guestroom.

Heidi said...

OK I get it now. I see where the panel is. And Alice's flower additions are beautiful too.

Cheryl said...

The curtains are perfect. I like the look a lot, with the wall color and the rest of your room. I'm eager to see your progress in the attic also. This is more fun than HGTV.