le Château Vaux-le-Vicomte

As I promised yesterday here is the page of pictures from Vaux-le-Vicomte. It's a wonderful château in the style of Versailles, but in a more manageable size. I suppose Louis IX would have a fit if he heard anyone say they prefer this one to his. The other thing I liked about it was that it was not at all crowded--no lines anywhere. So it is a recommended spot to visit if you can get there. I think you need a car. Vaux-le-Vicomte


I took more pictures of educational street signs today, which I would like to add here. Maybe I'll get that done soon too. I have walked past some of these without noticing them until today.

Comments

PAT said…
Ceci, I enjoyed this so much. Especially the shots of those amazing gardens!

I also enjoyed your street sign post!

Pat
That was fantastic photography and fascinating commentary. Love the humor you add in - lol! I found it interesting that there weren't formal dining rooms before this was built. Seems like we're getting away from them these days. I'm amazed you climbed all those winding stairs! But what a view!
Anonymous said…
I've been there, with my French friend Marie-Noëlle. Loved the place :-)
Maureen said…
Wonderful photos! I really enjoyed them. Stopping by here reminds me that my dear, new Son in Law has not yet given me any of their honeymoon photos from France to share!
Cécile said…
Pat, Rose, Britt-Arnhild, Maureen,
thanks so much for your comments. I've been walking a lot this week while my sister-in-law is here. She is leaving tomorrow, but my older son is coming in today--any hour now and my younger son tomorrow, so we will continue to be busy next week.
Unknown said…
Amazing post very nice blog, this information really helped me, thanks for posting. . .
reliable packers and movers Bangalore.

Popular posts from this blog

A visit to Louis Pasteur Museum

Four Hours in Paris

A visit to Guernsey of the Channel Islands